Learn from Gardening Experts
If you’re gardening in Austin, sometimes it feels like everything is conspiring against you. The weather, the soil, the topography, and the number of pests and diseases can overwhelm even the most experienced gardener. Help is on the way!
Travis County Texas A&M AgriLife will be hosting several programs in 2021 to help Austin area gardeners be more successful. Topics range from Planning and Design to Vegetable Gardening.
The program features experts from Texas A&M University, AgriLife Extension, Travis County Master Gardeners, and the Wildflower Center. The focus is on the seven principles of xeriscaping as featured in the publication: From Drought to Deluge, The Resilient Central Texas Garden. The program also has two sessions on growing fruit and vegetables.
The programs utilize an online webinar format with advance registration. The webinar capacity is 100 attendees, so please register early and sign-in on time. Participants will be able to submit questions to the speakers before and during the presentations.
The individual webinars will be posted on the Travis County Texas A&M AgriLife event calendar. You can get notified once the event links are available by subscribing to email notifications, or just by visiting the Events Calendar on the website. Events are also typically featured on the Travis County Horticulture home page.
Past Webinars in the Drought to Deluge Gardening Series
You can find links to all available recordings on Our Favorite Gardening Resources page.
- Restore. Reimagine. Reinvent. Prairie Landscapes for Austin with John Hart. Broadcast Date 2/9/2021
- Homeowner Landscaping Plans: Site Documentation and Analysis with Sandy Stone. Broadcast Date 2/19/2021
- Homeowner Landscaping Plans Design & Construction with Sandy Stone. Broadcast Date 2/26/2021
- Soil Nutrient Management with Dr. Jake Mowrer. Broadcast Date 3/2/2021
- Practical Lawns – Turfgrass Management with Water In Mind with Dr. Chrissie Segars. Broadcast Date 4/8/2021
- Drought to Deluge: Water-Wise Ways with Kirk Walden. Broadcast Date 5/25/2021
- Vegetable Gardening in Central Texas with Sheryl Williams. Broadcast Date 6/15/2021
- HOA Entrance Makeover with Jo Anne Hargraves. Broadcast Date 8/4/2021
- Epic Tomatoes from YOUR Garden with Craig Lehoullier. Broadcast Date 9/1/2021
- Home Fruit Production with Dr. Larry Stein. Broadcast Date 9/15/2021
Buy From Drought to Deluge: The Resilient Central Texas Garden directly from Travis County Master Gardeners
Persons with disabilities who plan to attend a meeting and who may need auxiliary aids or services are required to contact Sheryl Williams, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service-Travis County at 512-854-9616 or firstname.lastname@example.org ten working days prior to the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.